Gleneely Village is in the north of the Inishowen peninsula. The church nearby, which is by Joseph Welland, is supposed to have been built at the instigation of Miss Catherine Ball of Grousehall. It was consecrated on the 27th March 1856. It is a simple, rectangular church with a belfry. A chancel was to have been built, but never was - the arch can be seen outside behind. Gleneely church was closed in 1992.