Myroe chapel of ease is situated seven kilometres to the north-east of Ballykelly. It was built in 1863, and consecrated on 1st September 1864 and given the dedication St. John the Baptist. It is entered through a porch in the north-west corner. Inside are two windows in the west wall with a single window above. There is one window with a single light in the south wall, and one other of two lights. Opposite in the north wall, is another single-light window. All of these have clear lattice glass. The east window has three lights of diamond panes and tracery
The vestry room is to the right of the chancel and sanctuary. The altar came from Ballykelly in 1947. The credence table is in memory of James and Isabella Devlin. The font just inside the door, bears the inscription, AWE and CSE DD 1863.
The pulpit is on the left side of the chancel. A monument on the north wall records the donation of the prayer desk and lectern in memory of those who fell in the Second World War, and the memorial to those who fell in the Great War is on the south wall.
In 1896, a parishioner, Thomas Nicholl, was ploughing a field close to Tamlaghtfinlagan Church, when his plough hit an object below the ground. This turned out to be what would become known as the Broighter Hoard. It consists of a model boat including oars, a small shallow bowl, two gold chains, a gold collar and part of a second gold collar, of unknown date. They are in the National Museum in Dublin.